The Lakadamian Federation
Fédération Lakadamienne (Lakadamian)
"Unité, Égalité, Paix et Justice"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"Unity, Equality, Peace and Justice")
"La Belle Lakadamie"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"The Beautiful Lakadamia")
|File:Location Map Lakadamia.png|
|Recognised national languages||Salpétriese|
|Recognised regional languages||Everish • Latinican • Alkyrian • Brittonic|
|Religion||63% No affiliation|
|Government||Federal parliamentary republic|
|unmanned since 2019|
• Prime Minister
|Jonas de Mésathi|
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Currency||Lakadamian Franc (Ⱡ) (LFR)|
|Time zone||-6 to -9|
It covers an area of 2,937,931 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 61,696,561 inhabitants. That makes it the fifth largest country by area and the xx largest by population. Lakadamia covers more than a half of Lakadasia. Its capital is Pavlodia, while its largest city is Misneyne.
Lakadamia is a federal parliamentary republic. The Head of State is the president, who has a rather ceremonial role. The latest president in office resigned in 2019. The current Head of Government, who plays a more important role in Lakadamian politics is the Prime Minister with Jonas de Mésathi being in currently in office. The Lakadamian legislative is divided into two chambers, the Council, with representatives from all Lakadamian territories, and the National assembly, which represents the Lakadamian population. The next presidential election is scheduled to be held in 2020.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult between 18 and 21 depending on the territory.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is depending on the territory.
- Capital punishment is only used during wartime.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both legal depending on jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be a citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Lakadamia, only members of the police or the military can obtain a weapons license at an age of 21.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and regulated for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medical use only.
- In Lakadamia, abortion is almost everywhere legal but there is some stigma against it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to the 12th week after conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in cases where the mother's life may be threated, and legal in cases of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Lakadamia, but there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted from serving in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexuals.
- Changing one's gender is legal depending on jurisdiction. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2 to 2.9 % of Lakadamia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.