The Lakadamian Federation
Fédération Lakadamienne (Lakadamian)
"Unité, Égalité, Paix et Justice"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"Unity, Equality, Peace and Justice")
"La Belle Lakadamie"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"The Beautiful Lakadamia")
|Recognised national languages||Salpétriese|
|Recognised regional languages||Everish • Latinican • Alkyrian • Brittonic • Jaranese|
|Religion||63% No affiliation|
|Government||Federal parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
|Jonas de Mésathi|
• Upper house
• Lower house
|2,962,538 km2 (1,143,842 sq mi) (4th)|
|21/km2 (54.4/sq mi) (99th)|
|Currency||Lakadamian Franc (Ⱡ) (LFR)|
|Time zone||-4 to -10|
|ISO 3166 code||LKD|
Lakadamia (Lakadamian: Lakadamie or Lakadamia, officially The Lakadamian Federation (Fédération Lakadamienne)) is a sovereign state in Lakadasia.
It covers an area of 2,962,538 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 62,213,292 inhabitants. That makes it the 4th largest country by area and the 16th largest by population. The Lakadamian Federation covers around 70% of Lakadasia's landmass. Its capital is Pavlodia, while its largest city is Misneyne.
Together with Aquia, Evergreen, Flírskmasto, Fordia and the United States of Eldance it makes up the United Nations of Fantasia Security Council. Lakadamia is a founding member of the Sakodasia Lacoal Union.
Lakadamia is a federal parliamentary republic. The Head of State is the president, who has a rather ceremonial role. The latest president in office resigned in 2019. The current Head of Government, who plays a more important role in Lakadamian politics is the Prime Minister with Jonas de Mésathi being in currently in office. The Lakadamian legislative is divided into two chambers, the Council, with representatives from all Lakadamian territories, and the National assembly, which represents the Lakadamian population. The next presidential election is scheduled to be held in 2020.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult between 18 and 21 depending on the territory.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is depending on the territory.
- Capital punishment is only used during wartime.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both legal depending on jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be a citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Lakadamia, only members of the police or the military can obtain a weapons license at an age of 21.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and regulated for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medical use only.
- In Lakadamia, abortion is almost everywhere legal but there is some stigma against it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to the 12th week after conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in cases where the mother's life may be threated, and legal in cases of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Lakadamia, but there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted from serving in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexuals.
- Changing one's gender is legal depending on jurisdiction. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2 to 2.9 % of Lakadamia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.
The Lakadamian Federation is divided into 28 administrative entities, composed of 3 Federal Districts, 7 Autonomous Territories and 18 Territories:
Federal Cities: These are cities with a certain importance in the federation, they have the same level of governance as a territory, except their administrative limits is only composed of one city, and divided into a certain amount of arrondissements.
Territories: These are the most common administrative divisions of Lakadamia, each territories possess an independent parliament and government for some tasks delegated by the main government. However, they have no control over the cultural and linguistics laws of the federation, as these territories all have Lakadamian (and Salpétriese group languages) as official.
Autonomous Territories: Similar to a Territory, these have a huge cultural and/or linguistical difference within the rest of the federation, that they are granted control over cultural and linguistics in their territory, and can therefore makes specific laws based on the cultural or language spoken in each of those territory. Out of these 7 AT, 5 does not have Lakadamian as the main spoken language.
These administrative divisions are themselves divided into Regions (or District, Prefectures and Regional Council for certain AT, and Arrondissements for the Federal Cities), which are also themselves divided into Communes, composed from 1 (Pavlodia, Milnev, Argenta) to 221 (Dèlmivdie).
|Flag & Name
Complete name (lk)
|Type||Capital||Language(s)||TZ||Total||% (of pop.)||Density||km2||% (of area)||Regions||Communes||Nbr||ISO|
Territoire Autonome d'Appleplains
Ville Fédérale d'Argenta
Archipel des Azurîles
Archipel des Damavil
Territoire Autonome de Dèlmivdie
Territoire de l'Est
Territoire de Lazulie
Territoire de Lumivie
Ville Fédéral de Milnev
Territoire de Misneyne
Territoire de Moshie
Territoire du Nord
Territoire Autonome de Nouvelle Alkyrie
Territoire de l'Ouest
District de la Capitale Fédérale
Île Autonome de Quéstormat
|Autonomous Territory||Loriant||Lakadamian, Brittonic||-8||368,233||0.59||77||4,766||0.16||5||21||26||LK-QE|
Archipel Autonome de Sothåla
Territoire Autonome de Shisaka
Territoire du Sud
Territoire de Swarrel
Territoire Autonome de Victorya
Archipel de Zuétanie
In 2021, the Federation's population was estimated to be around 62.2 million by the Institut National du Recensement, with a low population density, as it is estimated that only 21 people lives per square kilometer, mostly noted due to the geography of the country being mainly rough to live in (deserts and mountainous). Nearly 75% of the population lives in urban areas, and up to 90% of the population lives near the coast. The sole exception is the plains of Western Lakadamia, where 1/3rd of the population lives, which includes Pavlodia. Due to it's history, Lakadamia has always been a cosmopolitan nation, with a lot of nationalities being recognized as a minority, depending of the territory.
Largest cities or towns in Lakadamia
2021 Recensemement de la Population