Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vradiazi officially Federal Union of the Vradis (Vradiw: Fadruce Inøu yqi Vradij) is a sovereign state in the north of Latinica. It covers an area of 1,093,440 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 73,260,448 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Xyzrø dyi Lux.
Vradiazi is a federal semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Meir Sivyu. The current head of government is Nykta Aqoric. The Vradi legislature is the Vradi Evløu, divided into the Senate and Chamber of Congress.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- A person is legally considered an adult at 18 years old, but adulthood is traditionally reached at 8,000 days old (~21 years 11 months).
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 8,000 days old (~21 years and 11 months) to run for office.
- In Vradiazi, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Vradiazi, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 24 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Vradiazi, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Five gender categories are recognized by law: man, woman, X-gender, multigender and agender.
- Traditionally, three genders were considered: man, woman and other. This third gender vaguely worked as an umbrella term for any non-cisgender person, which did not actually conform to reality. That is why in 2020 the Vradi government enacted a law which modified the gender denomination and recognized five gender categories, into which all individual gender identities may fit. Most official documents, such as identity documents, health cards and driver's licenses, were updated to display gender instead of sex.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Vradiazi's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.