Republic of Katsyria
Anthem: "Pride of a Nation"
and largest city
|Official languages||Amelian • Everish • Latinican|
|Recognised regional languages||Flirsk • Hailiniese • Katsyrian • Wedsen|
|Ethnic groups||75.1% Katsyrians |
|Religion||62% No religion |
|Government||Unitary presidential republic|
from the Amelian Empire
|2,917,792 km2 (1,126,566 sq mi) (5th)|
• 2019 estimate
|107/km2 (277.1/sq mi) (12th)|
|Currency||Katsyrian Kompra (₭) (QAK)|
|Time zone||UTC+7; +8 (Various)|
Katsyria, officially the Republic of Katsyria, is a sovereign state in the southern Serica. With a population of 312,203,765 inhabitants, it is the second-most populous country and the fifth-largest country by land area, covering an area of 2,917,792 square kilometres. It is bordered by Neocastria, Flirskmasto and Marsia to the north, Pohunskia to the northeast, Wedse and Yeukiwan to the east, Takimorujin to the southeast, Yster, Namimori, Shinkoyu to the south, Equaland to the west and shares maritime borders with Amelia and Llort to the southwest. Its capital and largest city is Palmyra.
Katsyria is a unitary presidential republic. The Head of Government and the Head of State is the President. The current President in office is Katerina Graham. The Katsyrian legislature is the Congress.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both legal depending on jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- In Katsyria, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license at age 18 and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and regulated for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medical use only.
- In Katsyria, abortion is legal but there is some stigma against it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Katsyria, and there is no social stigma against the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Katsyria.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered completely free.
- There is very minimal censorship online by the government.