Federal Republic of Pohunskia
"Pokìth, Sloszab, Jednist" (Pohunskan)
(Everish:"Peace, Freedom, Unity")
|File:Location Map Pohunskia.png|
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Galacian|
|Government||Federal semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
|Currency||The Posk (POS)|
Pohunskia officially Federal Republic of Pohunskia is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of 505,256 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 11,116,508 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Noroyska.
Pohunskia is a federal semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Nicola Sturgeon. The current head of government is George Shipres. The Pohunskan legislature is the Congress.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 16.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 16.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Assisted Suicide is legal.
- Pornography is legal without restriction.
- Gambling is legal without restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Pohunskia, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 14 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 14 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Pohunskia, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it except for in some rural communities.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 16 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is illegal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Pohunskia, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Pohunskia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.