Archipelagic Republic of Llort
Cigalepihcra Cilbuper fo Llort (Llortish)
"Ytinu ni Ytisrevid"(Llortish)
(Everish:"Unity in diversity")
|File:Location Map Llort.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Llortish • Everish|
|Recognised regional languages||Various|
|Government||Federal full-presidential republic|
• Upper house
• Lower house
|House of Representatives|
• Llortish Unification
|Currency||Llortish Eepur (₹) (LLE)|
Llort (Llortish: Llort) officially Archipelagic Republic of Llort is a sovereign state in the south of Serica. It covers an area of 149,584 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 38,443,180 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Nitram.
Llort is a federal full-presidential republic. The current President in office is Harsh Deol. The Llortish legislature is the Congress, divided into the Senate and House of Representatives.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18, or 16 with parental consent.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 21, or 16 with parental consent.
- Capital punishment is used depending on the jurisdiction.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are illegal. Though both are illegal in Llort, there is the Advance Medical Directive (AMD), where an individual can expressly state that doctors should not prolong their life with extraordinary life-sustaining treatment if they have no hope of recovery.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- People are required to be a certain age to run for office. Nationally, 35 is the minimum age to run for President; 30 for Senator; 25 for Representative. Regionally, 30 is the minimum age to run for Governor; 25 for Provincial Senator; 21 for Provincial Representative, and in cities 25 is the minimum age to run for Mayor; 21 for other city-wide positions.
- In Llort, any eligible citizen can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Llort, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance and there is mixed public opinion surrounding the issue.
- Abortion is legal up to 20 weeks from conception and a woman is expected to pay for it with her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it.
- Same sex activity is illegal in Llort, and there is mixed public opinion surrounding LGBT rights.
- Despite being illegal, punishments are rarely enforced.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
- Approximately 3-3.9% of Llort's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces, but not in combat.
- Conscription is enforced for both sexes, although alternative service is available.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.