The Country of Wedse
"Тавтай Mорил Шедсе!"(Wedsen)
(Everish:"Welcome to Wedse!")
(Everish:"The Wedse Call")
|File:Location Map Wedse.png|
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Mashgal|
|Recognised regional languages||Amelian|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Prime minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
• Established as the "Wedic People State"
• Recognized as Wedse by the UN
|31 July 2018|
|Currency||Wedsen Valyuta (Ṿ) (WVL)|
|Time zone||+8 to +9|
Wedse (Wedsen: Шедсе) officially The Country of Wedse is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of 303,158 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 17,280,029 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Wedse Capital.
The existing land of modern day Wedse was initially used for nomadism, dating back to 5500 BC. The first official tribe to be known to inhabit the area was the Dvamtajkan tribe, consisting of a population around 250. Initially, the Dvamtajkan Tribe would ride horses all across the Wedsen Plains (situated in modern day Zakhiral and Tögöldörkhuur)setting up new areas to introduce agriculture. This tribe continued to dominate, evolving into different titles until 3000 BC. During the millennia of 3000 BC, the Bkhöga people (formerly the Dvamtajkan Tribe) explored all of the Sugndatchi Mountains, and began to construct weapons and other essential items for survival. Monuments of this period are stone slaps with old ancient drawings of spears and mountains, which are assumed to be the Sugndatchi Mountains.
Wedse is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current prime minister is Mudal Fodusim. The Wedsen legislature is the Parliament divided into the Deed Baishin and Namkhan Baishin.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 20.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 21.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are illegal.
- Pornography is legal with heavy regulation.
- Gambling is illegal except for on July 31st, Wedse's independence day.
- The legal voting age is 14.
- In Wedse, the only weapons that are legal are Dao Swords. Any eligible citizen can obtain a weapons license provided they are 25 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is illegal.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 24 years and older.
- Cannabis is illegal.
- In Wedse, abortion is legal, however it is not widely accepted and there is heavy stigma towards women who choose to have one.
- A woman is expected to pay for the abortion with her own funds.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened, and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Wedse, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- Changing one's gender is illegal.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Wedse's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is some censorship online by the government.