Suuher (Suuherish: Søher) officially Republic of Suuher (Suuherish: Æbliğ y Søher) is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of 75,174 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 4,735,960 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Neviar.
Suuher is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Ëbienya Řińa. The current head of government is Jor Ƌunkl. The Suuherian legislature is the Parliemë.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal depending on jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 22 years old to run for public office.
- Only citizens of Suuher can vote in elections.
- In Suuher, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 25 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 19 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 22 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 19 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 22 years and older.
- In Suuher, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- A woman is required to partly pay for an abortion from her own funds.
- Same sex activity is legal in Suuher, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community. In 2006, 54% of Suuherians supported the LGBT community, and this rose to 92% in 2016.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Suuher.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.