Republic of Suuher
Æbliğ y Søher (Suuherish)
"Ïbna Ähleis" (Suuherish)
"Ğeblï y Øske"(Suuherish)
(Everish:"A Flowery Bed")
|File:Location Map Suuher.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Suuherish • Flírskmastoan|
|Recognised national languages||Suuherish|
|Recognised regional languages||Flírskmastoan|
|Religion||86% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
• Declared independence from Flírskmasto
|17 December 1997|
|11 February 1998|
|Currency||Mekän (MK) (SHR)|
Suuher (Suuherish: Søher) officially Republic of Suuher (Suuherish: Æbliğ y Søher) is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of xx square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately xx inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Neviar.
Suuher is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Ëbienya Řińa. The current head of government is Jor Ƌunkl. The Suuherian legislature is the Parliemë, which is divided into the Esenan and Ysenan.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal depending on jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 22 years old to run for public office.
- Only citizens of Suuher and Flírskmasto can vote in elections, and non citizens can vote after living in Suuher for 3 years.
- In Suuher, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 25 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 19 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 22 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 19 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 22 years and older.
- In Suuher, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance and there is mixed public opinion surrounding the issue.
- A woman is required to pay for an abortion from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal up to 16 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is not regulated by the state, and only private clinics perform it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Suuher, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community. In 2006, 54% of Suuherians supported the LGBT community, and this rose to 92% in 2016.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children, but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Three genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Suuher.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.