Archduchy of Neocastria
Archiduché de Neufchâteau (Roman-Neocastric)
Erzherzogtum Néibuerg (Germanic-Neocastric)
"Non inultus premor"(Latin)
(Everish:"One does not injure me unavenged")
"Pour la Terre Natale / Fir Heemecht"(Roman-Neocastric/Germanic-Neocastric)
(Everish:"For the Native Land")
|File:Location Map Neocastria.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Roman-Neocastric • Germanic-Neocastric|
|Recognised national languages||Svarian|
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
• Grand Chancellor
• Upper house
|House of Bailiffs|
• Lower house
|House of Commons|
• Independence from Flírskmasto
|Currency||Neocastrian tournoi (NCT)|
Neocastria (Roman-Neocastric: Neufchâteau, Germanic-Neocastric: Néibuerg) officially Archduchy of Neocastria (Roman-Neocastric: Archiduché de Neufchâteau, Germanic-Neocastric: Erzherzogtum Néibuerg) is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of TBA square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately TBA inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Neufchâteau/Néibuerg.
Neocastria is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Archduchess Claire. The current head of government is Grand Chancellor Théodore Dewiltz. The Neocastrian legislature is the Parliament divided into the House of Bailiffs and House of Commons.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 20.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Only Assisted suicide is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Neocastria, any eligible citizen can obtain a weapons license once they complete conscription with military service.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- In Neocastria, abortion is legal and there is mixed public opinion.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics will perform it too.
- The legalisation of abortion is moderately recent (1995) and sparked a lot of debate, the subject being the crystallization of tensions between people in urban areas and people in more rural, isolated parts of the country, who are often more attached to traditions.
- Same sex activity is legal in Neocastria, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Same-sex sexual activities have never been taboo in Neocastrian culture, apart from the Christian populations.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Neocastria's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, with alternative service available.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as mostly free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.