Jump to navigation Jump to search
Republic of Glacea
Δημοκρατία της Γκλάσιας (Demacian)
"Μάχη για ίσα δικαιώματα"(Demacian)
(Everish:"Fight for Equal Rights")
"Χώρα των παγετώνων"(Demacian)
(Everish:"Land of Glaciers")
|File:Location Map Glacea.png|
|Official languages||Demacian • Everish • Glacean|
26% No affiliation
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Glacean dollar (GCD)|
Glacea (Demacian: Γκλάσια) officially Republic of Glacea (Demacian: Δημοκρατία της Γκλάσιας) is a sovereign state in the north of Tritonia. Its capital is Osthill and its largest city is Tanukana.
Glacea is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is TBA. The current head of government is TBA. The Glacean legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used but effectively not carried out, with the last execution being over 10 years ago.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- In Glacea, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and unregulated and there is no legal age limit.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and unregulated and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and unregulated and there is no legal age limit.
- Cannabis is legal and regulated by the state and there is no legal age limit.
- In Glacea, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Glacea, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- Changing one's gender is legal.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Glacea's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do not exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.