Jump to navigation Jump to search
Democratic Republic of Lidonia
Demokraticka Republika Lidonia (Čerkan)
Demokraatik Republik Lidonia (Voxanyan)
"Mezi mořem a kopce" (Čerkan)
"Mellom sjö og aser" (Voxanyan)
(Everish:"Between sea and hills")
|File:Location Map Lidonia.png|
|Official languages||Čerkan • Scandavian|
|Recognised national languages||Everish|
|Recognised regional languages||Åston|
8% No confession
|Government||Federal semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|House of Deputees|
• Voxanyan invasion of Čerkania
• Coup and reformation as Lidonia
|Currency||Lidonian Korun (LK)|
Lidonia officially Democratic Republic of Lidonia (Čerkan: Demokraticka Republika Lidonia, Voxanyan: Demokraatik Republik Lidonia) is a sovereign state in the north of Sakoda. Its capital is Nakopek and its largest city is Estport.
Lidonia is a federal semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Martin Knižka. The current head of government is Ben Waasinger. The Lidonian legislature is the Parliament divided into the Senate and House of Deputees.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 16.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 14.
- The legal age of marriage is 16.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote, though foreign citizens can vote in some regional elections.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 16 years old to run for public office.
- In Lidonia, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is illegal.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Lidonia, abortion is legal and accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception and a woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is illegal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal where the mother's life may be threatened and a woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Lidonia. LGBT people are widely accepted, but may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- Only gay and bisexual men are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to enter into partnerships and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Lidonia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are not permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, with alternative service available. Only men are conscripted.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as slightly controlled.
- There is heavy censorship online by the government.
- Critics of government is allowed, but criticizing the military is legally still forbidden.