State of Juliana
la stato de juliano (Standard Julianoise)
L'État de Julienne (Lakadamian)
"homoj estas la plej bonaj homoj"(Standard Julianoise)
(Everish:"What's best for the people is by the people")
|File:Location Map Juliana.png|
|Official languages||Standard Julianoise|
|Recognised national languages||Lakadamian • Everish|
|Recognised regional languages||Julianoise Creole|
|Religion||57% Spiritual or agnostic|
33% Atheist or irreligious
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• First settlements
• Jean-Michel Papineau "discovers" Juliana
• Lakadamian occupation
• Everish settlers
• The Ophelian Decade
• Home rule
• Independence from Lakadamia
|22 May 1959|
|Currency||Kronoj (₭) (JKR)|
Juliana (Standard Julianoise: juliano, Lakadamian: Julienne ) officially State of Juliana is a sovereign state in the east of Serica. It covers an area of 11,587 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 1,205,074 inhabitants. Its capital is Basquiat and the largest city is Papineau.
Juliana is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Rosamonde Pinett. The current head of government is Arthur Hassan. The Julianoise legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 16 years old to run for public office.
- In Juliana, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal. The legal limit is 14 with parental permission, and 18 unsupervised.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and regulated by the state. There is no legal limit if used for medicinal purposes, otherwise it is 16 with parental supervision/consent and 18 unsupervised.
- In Juliana, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 20 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Juliana, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- There is no legislation regarding LGBT people in the military.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Juliana's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.