Republic of Alchten
"Meidän, vapaasi olla maapon äitissal."(Alchteni)
(Everish:"Ours, the freedom to be on the soil of mother Alchten")
"Meidän maap, meidäral"(Alchteni)
(Everish:"Our soil, our home")
|File:Location Map Alchten.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Alchteni • Enuiktut|
|Recognised regional languages||Saarii-Alchteni|
|Religion||56% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Currency||Alchteni Maarke (AM)|
Alchten (Alchteni: Alchten) officially Republic of Alchten (Alchteni: Alchten tasavaali) is a sovereign state in the north of Tritonia. It covers an area of TBA square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately TBA inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Tuurisal.
Alchten is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office is TBA. The current head of government is Kaarina Mastrit. The Alchteni legislature is the Parliament divided into the Tassaviat and Tasallitus.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is 16.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Alchten, weapons are illegal and thus no licenses are given out.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal for medicinal use only.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal for medicinal use only.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Alchten, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Alchten, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment therapy. Three genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Alchten.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech does not fall under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.