Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Republic of Boninbourg
La République de Boninbourg (Lakadamian)
"Trois sous un"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"Three under one")
"Gloire à Boninbourg"(Lakadamian)
(Everish:"Glory to Boninbourg")
|File:Location Map Boninbourg.png|
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Koran • Everish • Scandavian|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Head of Government
|Currency||Boninbourgish Guilds (BOG)|
Boninbourg officially Republic of Boninbourg (Lakadamian: La République de Boninbourg) is a sovereign state in central Sakoda. Its capital and largest city is Morupton.
Boninbourg is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Henry Brimwood. The current head of government is TBA. The Boninbourgish legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is only used during wartime.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal depending on the jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 26 years old to run for public office.
- In Boninbourg, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and the age depends on the jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Boninbourg, abortion is legal and accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Boninbourg, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if a person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Boninbourg's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.