Whenua Wei (Rio)
"Whakaute, Aroha me te Hapori"(Rio)
(Everish:"Respect, Love and Community")
|File:Location Map Whenua Wai.png|
and largest city
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
|Whare o te Ture|
• Lower house
|Whare o te Kāwanatanga|
|Currency||Taara ($) (TA)|
Whenua Wai (Rio: Whenua Wei) is a sovereign state in the east of Latinica. It covers an area of 85,291 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 3,070,488 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Chief-Port.
Whenua Wai is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Aroha Hine. The current head of government is Ana Kora. The Tangata Wai legislature is the Kāwanatanga divided into Whare o te Ture (Upper House) and Whare o te Kāwanatanga (Lower House).
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 14.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is illegal.
- Gambling is illegal.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Whenua Wai, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and the age depends on the jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Whenua Wai, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance, but is not widely accepted and there is heavy stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to a certain time period depending on the jurisdiction, but a woman is required to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of where the mother's life may be threatened and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is illegal in the case of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Whenua Wai, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Whenua Wai's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is censorship online by the government.