Золотая Земля (Flírsk)
"Все, что вы касаетесь, превращается в золото."(Flírsk)
(Everish:"Whatever you touch, turns into gold.")
"не осталось слез, чтобы плакать"(Flírsk)
(Everish:"no tears left to cry")
|File:Location Map Golden Land.png|
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Demacian • Nineliese|
|Recognised regional languages||Goldish|
7% No affiliation
|Government||Federal parliamentary republic|
• Head of Government
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Currency||Nordo (₦) (NOR)|
Golden Land (Flírsk: Золотая Земля (Zolotaya Zemlya)) is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of 104,858 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 1,363,153 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Almaz.
Golden Land is a federal parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Marissa Mayer. The Golden Legislature is the Duma which is divided into the Zolotoy Dom (Upper House) and Serebryanyy Dom (Lower House).
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 21.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 21.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 21.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is illegal.
- The legal voting age is 21.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- Weapons are illegal in Golden Land. No licenses are given out.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- In Golden Land, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 18 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Golden Land, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Three genders are recognized by law: male, female and intersex.
- There are no armed forces in Golden Land.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.