Republic of Ruyjin
Република Руйжин (Ruyjinese)
Republikë Rujzhinë (Bresonese)
"За светлото бъдеще на Руйжин"(Ruyjinese)
(Everish:"For the bright future of Ruyjin")
|File:Location Map Ruyjin Republic.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Everish • Ruyjinese|
|Recognised national languages||Ruyjinese|
|Recognised regional languages||Bresonese • Fordian|
|Ethnic groups||89% Ruyjinese|
13% Orthodox Christianity
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• 2022 census
|Currency||Ruyjinese Tiber (RUJ$) (RJT)|
Ruyjin Republic officially Republic of Ruyjin (Ruyjinese: Република Руйжин) (Bresonese: Republikë i Rujzhinë) is a sovereign state in the north of Wulfor. It covers an area of 97,031 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 11 million inhabitants. It occupies a coastline on the Bay of Ruyjin, and is bordered by Fordia to the north, Florea to the west and Prunia to the east. Ruyjin Republic covers a territory of 97,031 square kilometres, and is the seventy-first largest country in Fantasia. Breson is the nation's capital and largest city; other major cities are Gavgrad, Politeen and Dolna Raprotopolia.
The population of Ruyjin Republic is 11,421,285 people according to the 2022 national census. The majority of the population, 84.3%, reside in urban areas. As of 2022, Breson is the most populated urban centre with 3,241,672 people, followed by Gavgrad (1,294,545), Politeen (836,505), Dolna Raprotopolia (602,464) and Nova-Flora (442,902). Ruyjinese people are the main ethnic group and constitute 89.8% of the population. Fordian and Glacean minorities account for 6.2 and 2.9%, respectively; some 40 smaller minorities exist as well.
Ruyjinese and Everish are the two official languages at a national level. A regional language recognised by the government is Bresonese, a language spoken in the area of the capital metropolitan area. Fordian is common in areas with a sizeable Fordian minority, along the border with Fordia. Due to the international nature of Breson, many other languages non-native to Ruyjin Republic can be heard; most noteably Lakadamian, Aquian and Demacian.
Ruyjin Republic is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Alexandèr Laman. The current head of government is Cornelius Magan. The Ruyjinese legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 14.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is illegal.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People under 75 are prohibited from voting.
- In Ruyjin Republic, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Ruyjin Republic, abortion is legal and accepted, but there may be some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Ruyjin Republic, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of the Ruyjin Republic's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces, but not in combat.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.