The United Fordian States (UFS, Fordian: Förenta Fordiasen Stater), commonly known as Fordia, is a sovereign state in Northern Wulfor. It includes 24 states, covers an area of 3,728,690 square kilometres, and has a largely temperate seasonal climate.
Its capital and largest city is Krono, which is also the largest city in Fantasia. Other major cities are Laria City, Röd, Montegen, Kölmö, Aidana, Arhein and Urloson. With about 290.837.808 inhabitants, Fordia is the most populous state of Northern Wulfor and the third most populous state of Fantasia. At 3,728,690 km², Fordia is the world's third-largest country by total area.
Fordia is a highly developed country, with the world's largest economy by nominal GDP. Fordia is a prominent political and cultural force internationally, and a leader in scientific research and technological innovations. Together with Aquia, Evergreen, Flírskmasto, Lakadamia and the United States of Eldance it makes up the United Nations of Fantasia Security Council. Fordia is a member of the Northern Union.
Fordia is a federal presidential republic. The Head of Government and the Head of State is the President. The current President in office is leftist Frances Drosel who is a member of the Lefts Fordia. The Fordian legislative is divided into two chambers, the Staterrat, with representatives of all 24 Fordian states, and the Staterdag, with currently 721 members which represents the Fordian population. Current Vice-President and President of the Staterrat is Petaa Goldstein. The Speaker of the Staterdag, currently Manuela Dusen (Social-Democrats Fordia) plays an important role in Fordian politics too. The job of the Speaker is to keep the Staterdag in order and to assign committee memberships and chairmanships. The Speaker has always been a member of the majority party. Parliamentary and presidential elections are held separately in Fordia, meaning it is possible to have different parties leading the constitutional bodies at the same time.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is depening on jurisdiction.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is legal but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be a citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Fordia, everyone can obtain a weapons license at an age depending on jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal in some states but restricted depending on each states' jurisdiction.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and regulated for those 21 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medical use only.
- In Fordia, abortion is legal but there is some stigma against it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to the 24th week after conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in cases where the mother's life may be threated, and legal in cases of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Fordia, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted from serving in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 3.8% of Fordia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced for everyone but alternative service is available.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.