Aquia (officially the Federative Republic of Aquia) is the largest sovereign country in Latinica. It covers an area of 1.935.243 square kilometres and is inhabitated by 81.280.201 people. Aquia is the most populous and largest state of Latinica and the sixth-largest state of Fantasia by population and total area. It's capital and largest city is Rio de Fevereiro.
Aquia is a federal presidential republic. The Head of State and Government is the President. The current President in office is Thales das Águas Silva. The Aquian legislative, the National Congress, is divided into two chambers, the Federate Senate and the Chamber of Deputies. Current Vice-President and President of the Chamber of Deputies is Rodrigo Bolhão.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is illegal.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both illegal.
- Pornography is legal with heavy restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- In Aquia, only members of the police force and military can obtain a weapons license at an age of 18.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and unregulated for those 18 years and older.
- In Aquia, abortion is legal depending on circumstances and the public opinion is mixed.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to the 12th week after conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in cases where the mother's life may be threated, and legal in cases of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Aquia, and the public opinion is mixed.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted from serving in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is not protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1 to 1.9% of Aquia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do not exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.