Republic of Alkyria
Reliqai d'Alk'airie (Alkyrian)
"Lers mald'iye, Alk'airie por belide"(Alkyrian)
(Everish:"With people's help, Alkyria will progress.")
"Daiyle vor, Alk'airie!"(Alkyrian)
(Everish:"Shine bright, Alkyria!")
|File:Location Map Alkyria.png|
|Official languages||Everish • Alkyrian|
|Recognised national languages||Proto-Kallitian|
|Recognised regional languages||Selrena • Lakadamian • Corzazi • Jaranese|
|Religion||96% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|House of Representatives|
|Currency||Lyria (☼) (LYR)|
|Time zone||-4 to -6|
Alkyria (Alkyrian: Alk'airie) officially Republic of Alkyria (Alkyrian: Reliqai d'Alk'airie) is a sovereign state in the south of Sakoda. It covers an area of 831,457 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 54,044,699 inhabitants. Its capital is Akureyri and its largest city is Narayani.
Alkyria is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Joanne Nekrugi. The current head of government is Alyssa Faryedi. The Alkyrian legislature is the Parliament which is divided into the Senate and House of Representatives.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 19.
- The age of consent is 19.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal depending on the jurisdiction.
- Gambling is legal depending on the jurisdiction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- In Alkyria, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- In Alkyria, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Alkyria, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- Members of the LGBT community are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Alkyria's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces, but not in combat.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.