Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kingdom of Vikyirie
"Hold sverdet høyt oppe"(Vikyn)
(Everish:"Hold your sword up high")
"De nordlige jagerflyene"(Vikyn)
(Everish:"The Northern Fighters")
|File:Location Map Vikyirie.png|
|Recognised national languages||Vikyn • Dýrian • Åston • Everish|
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Nordo (₦) (NOR)|
|Time zone||-4 to -5|
Vikyirie is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Amaya Wälke. The current head of government is Arnolds Sigurðson. The Vikyn legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 14.
- The legal age of marriage is 17.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Only euthanasia is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- In Vikyirie, anyone eligible can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and there is no legal limit.
- Cannabis is legal and there is no legal limit.
- In Vikyirie, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is not regulated by the state - only private clinics perform abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Vikyirie. LGBT people are widely accepted, but may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGB people are permitted to serve in the armed forces. Trans people are not allowed to serve.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination but only in some areas, such as housing and employment.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 3-3.9% of Vikyirie's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech does not fall under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.