Shkeera (Scaoilesk: A Scíre, officially The Free State of Shkeera (A Tíra Saora Scaoil)) is a sovereign state in the west of Central Wulfor. It covers an area of 160.370 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 15.876.616 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Seerane (Scaoilesk: Saoi Arran).
Shkeera is a member of the Northern Union.
Shkeera is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The Head of Government is the Prime Minister with Ciar Hyysen currently being in office. The Head of State is the President who has rather ceremonial roles. The current President of Shkeera is Órra Mag Nussen. The Shkeeran legislative, the Tighe Oifige, is divided into two chambers, the Tigh Uachta and the Tigh Ísle.
On the 31st of January 2020, Shkeera nuked Torlova.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 17.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 17.
- Capital punishment is legal but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both legal.
- Pornography is legal without restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be a citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old or have completed a secondary education to run for public office.
- In Shkeera, everyone can obtain a weapons license at an age depending on jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and regulated for those 17 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and regulated for those 17 years and older.
- In Shkeera, abortion is legal but there is some stigma against it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal with no time limit.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in cases where the mother's life may be threated, and legal in cases of rape.
- Abortion is regulated by the state.
- Same sex activity is legal in Shkeera, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted from serving in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same right as heterosexuals.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Seven genders are recognized by law.
- Shkeera has no armed forces.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is not granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- In Shkeera, hate speech laws are vigorous. Any far-right or conspiracy theorist groups are effectively banned and oppressed severely.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is some online censorship by the government.