Jump to navigation Jump to search
Republic of Torlova
"Bir araya gelerek birleş"(Torlovan)
(Everish:"Unite as One")
|File:Location Map Torlova.png|
|Official languages||Torlovan • Corzazi|
|Recognised national languages||Everish • Lakadamian|
|Recognised regional languages||Kurti|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
|Legislature||TBMM (Torlovan Parliament)|
|Currency||Torlovan Lira (TRL)|
|Time zone||-5 to -6|
Torlova is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Alper Sadettinoğlu. The current head of government is Turan Çavuşoğlu. The Torlovan legislature is the TBMM otherwise known as the Torlovan Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used depending on the jurisdiction.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- In Torlova, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Torlova, abortion is legal and accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Torlova. There is mixed public opinion surrounding LGBT rights.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- Same-sex relations are recognized depending on the jurisdiction. LGBT people can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 4%+ of Torlova's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, with alternative service available. Only men are conscripted, women can voluntarily serve.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as mostly free.
- There is censorship online by the government.