Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kingdom of Demacia
Βασίλειο της Δεμάσιας (Demacian)
"Ελευθερία, Αφοσίωση, Ισότητα"(Demacian)
(Everish:"Liberty, Loyalty, Equality")
"Ο Ύμνος "(Demacian)
|File:Location Map Demacia.png|
and largest city
|Recognised regional languages||Frootish|
19% No affiliation
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
|King Jarvan II|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Demacian pound (£) (DEM)|
Demacia is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is King Jarvan II. The current head of government is Danae Irakleous. The Demacian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal depending on the jurisdiction.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Demacia, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Demacia, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception and the woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects and the woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals are allowed to perform it but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Demacia. LGBT people are widely accepted, but may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 3-3.9% of Demacia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, but alternative service is available. Men and women are conscripted.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.