Democratic Republic of Temilosk
République Démocratique de Temilosc (Lakadamian)
Demokratislek Themilloskk Repuvelkk (Kalleffon)
"Unis Par La Force"(Lakadamian)
"United Gegnum Styrke" (Kalleffon)
(Everish:"United Through Strength")
"Notre Bien-Aimé Patrie"(Lakadamian)
"Okkar Elskede Heimaland" (Kalleffon)
(Everish:"Our Beloved Homeland")
|File:Location Map Temilosk.png|
|Official languages||Everish • Lakadamian • Kalleffon|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Taxloan (₮) (TXL)|
Temilosk (Lakadamian: Temilosc, Kalleffon: Themilloskk) officially Democratic Republic of Temilosk (Lakadamian: République Démocratique de Temilosc, Kalleffon: Demokratislek Themilloskk Repuvelkk) is a sovereign state in the north of Serica. It covers an area of 118,392 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 5,564,439 inhabitants. Its capital is Zanktro and its largest city is Varae.
Temilosk is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Kieran Farran. The current Prime Minister is Alana Sarke. The Temiloskian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is legal and regularly carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 24 years old to run for public office.
- In Temilosk, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 25 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal for medicinal use only.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is illegal.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is illegal.
- In Temilosk, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal at any time during the pregnancy.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Temilosk, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Temilosk's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech does not fall under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.