Monarchic Republic of Dorma
Monarhiýa Dorma respublikasy (Dorman)
"Parahatçylyk, bilim we saglyk."(Dorman)
(Everish:"Peace, Education and Health")
"Watan, öňe git."(Dorman)
(Everish:"Go forward, Motherland")
|File:Location Map Dorma.png|
|Official languages||Dorman • Everish • Demacian|
|Recognised national languages||Latinican|
|Recognised regional languages||Koran • Lakadamian • Karingyz • Dopersin|
|Religion||53% Orthodox Christianity|
2% No religion
|Government||Federal constitutional monarchy|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Currency||Dorman Koruna (DOK)|
Dorma is a federal constitutional monarchy. The current monarch in office is Thuodur Kutmenr. The current head of government is Yutime Hyuliem. The Dorman legislature is the Parliament, divided into Okarky öý (upper house) and Aşaky öý (lower house).
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 25.
- Capital punishment is used but effectively not carried out, with the last execution being over 10 years ago.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both illegal.
- Pornography is legal with heavy regulation and/or censorship.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 30 years old to run for public office.
- In Dorma, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 40 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal, but unregulated, and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal, but unregulated, and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal, but unregulated, and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal in only some parts of the country and restricted for those 25 years and older.
- In Dorma, abortion is accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Abortion is legal in Dorma.
- Abortion is legal up to 16 weeks from conception and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Dorma, and there is almost no social stigma towards LGBT people.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Dorma's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.