United Hansaarian Republic
Hansaariene Junitae Tasevalie (Hansaarian)
"Ykini iilea namen, namen iilea Hansaarie"(Hansaarian)
(Everish:"One for all, all for Hansaaria")
"Oine Naeti Hansaarie"(Hansaarian)
(Everish:"Our Beautiful Hansaaria")
|File:Location Map Hansaaria.png|
|Recognised national languages||Evämaan • Astalan|
|Demonym(s)||Hansaarian or Hansaar|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
|Currency||Hansaarian helmi (HAH)|
Hansaaria (Hansaarian: Hansaariae) officially United Hansaarian Republic (Hansaarian: Hansaariene Junitae Tasevalie) is a sovereign state in central Sakoda. Its capitals are Kohsti and Samarin, but Samarin is the largest.
Hansaaria is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Aliaa Hyvonen. The current head of government is Joonatan Korho. The Hansaarian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 17.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Only Euthanasia is legal. Assisted suicide is illegal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Hansaaria, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal but there is no legal age limit.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Hansaaria, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Hansaaria, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Hansaaria's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.