The Commonwealth of Atlandia
Atlaandia Ühendriigid (Leowan)
Atlandijos Sandrauga (Lituan)
"Strength Lies in Unity"(Everish)
"Tugevus seisneb ühtsuses" (Leowan)
"Stiprybė - vienybėje" (Lituan)
|File:Location Map Atlandia.png|
and largest city
|Recognised regional languages||Leowan • Lituan|
|Government||Federal semi-presidential, semi-parliamentary commonwealth|
• Prime Minister of Borigine Republic
• Prime Minister of the Leowé Islands
• Governor of New Litua
Atlandia (Leowan: Atlaandia, Lituan: Atlandija) officially Commonwealth of Atlandia (Leowan: Atlaandia Ühendriigid, Lituan: Atlandijos Sandrauga) is a sovereign state in the north of Sakoda. Its capital and largest city is Aurendamm.
Atlandia is a federal semi-presidential, semi-parliamentary commonwealth. The country is divided into 3 different regions - the Borigine Republic, the Leowé Islands and New Litua. There is one president of the entire commonwealth, Tracy Philips, while both the Borigine Republic and Leowé Islands have a prime minister and New Litua has a governor. The prime minister of the Borigine Republic is David Arrenberg, the prime minister of the Leowé Islands is Luule Kuusk and the governor of New Litua is Elijas Kostas. The Atlandian legislature is the National Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both illegal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18, but citizens from the age of 16 can request to take a Political Maturity Test (features some general questions about multi-party system, traditional ideologies, democracy, etc.) and get permission to vote.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote - Permanent residents can only vote after living in the country for at least 3 years passing the Political Maturity Test.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Atlandia, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and the age depends on the jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal in some parts of the country and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Atlandia, abortion is legal and accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Atlandia. LGBT people are widely accepted, but may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- There is no legislation regarding LGBT people in the military.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- Same-sex relations are recognized depending on the jurisdiction. LGBT couples can adopt children but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Atlandia's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to join the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is censorship online by the government.