Jump to navigation Jump to search
"59p?? 59 FUCKING p"
Anthem: "Carry On"
|File:Location Map Taslana.png|
|Official languages||Everish • Taslan • Aslan|
|Religion||88% No Religion|
|Demonym(s)||Tasla or Aslana|
|Government||Unitary absolute monarchy|
|Currency||Taslana Pound (£) (TAP)|
Taslana is a sovereign state in the north of Sakoda. Its capital is Dilipo and its largest city is Kallamier.
Taslana is a unitary absolute monarchy, where the monarch has all of the executive power. The current monarch is Antony Winter. The Tasla legislature is TBA.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Assisted suicide is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- In Taslana, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- In Taslana, abortion is legal, but there is mixed public opinion towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 20 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Taslana, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 4%+ of Taslana's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.