United Lands of Jarea
Rengo Tochi Jaran (Jaranese)
Habjung-gug ui ttang Joria (Koran)
"Simplicity, honesty, integrity."(Everish)
"For The Lands"(Everish)
|File:Location Map Jarea.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Jaranese • Koran • Everish|
|Recognised regional languages||Koren|
|Religion||75% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Time zone||-7 to -8|
Jarea (Jaranese: Jaran, Koran: Joria, officially United Lands of Jarea (Rengo Tochi Jaran / Habjung-gug ui ttang Joria)) is a sovereign state in the west of Sakoda. It covers an area of xx square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately xx inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Solyo.
Jarea is a unitary semi- presidential republic. The current President in office is Hannah Busta and the current head of government is Munko Kristaff. The Jarean legislature is the parliament which is further divided into the Jua Romm (upper house) and Comia Romm (lower house).
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 16.
- Capital punishment is legal but effectively not carried out, with the last execution being over 10 years ago.
- Only Assisted Suicide is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Jarea, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal but only in some parts of the country for those 21 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal but only in some parts of the country for those 21 years and older.
- In Jarea, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Jarea, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- Changing one's gender is legal.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Jarea's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.