The White Havens
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The White Havens
"Ise Farabor, Ise Narrunbai, Oe Kleipara"(Suui)
(Everish:"For Sanctuary, for Prosperity, We Stand")
"Harakin Nor Burnai"(Suui)
(Everish:"Between Man and Mountain")
|File:Location Map The White Havens.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Everish • Suui • Glaraian • Ukrayianese|
|Recognised national languages||Latinican • Lakadamian • Scandavian|
|Recognised regional languages||Ujar|
|Religion||72% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
|King Alexander and Queen Elisae|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Common Central Eskr (Œ) (ECE)|
The White Havens (Suui: Withlond) is a sovereign state in the north of Tritonia. It covers an area of 5,727 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 97,356 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Charlotte.
The White Havens is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarchs are King Alexander and Queen Elisae. The current head of government is Lunae Marnoplois. The Havener legislature is the Senate.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at an age depending on the jurisdiction.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used depending on the jurisdiction.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are illegal.
- Pornography is illegal.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Dýria, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In The White Havens, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance and there is mixed public opinion.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 24 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can also perform it.
- Same sex activity is legal in The White Havens, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of The White Haven's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is not granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech does not fall under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as not free.
- There is censorship online by the government.