Jump to navigation Jump to search
Republic of Niolskiaj
Рэспубліка Ніёльскай (Respublika Nijoĺskaj) (Niol)
"Хадзіце, як вы нічога не пакінулі"(Niol)
(Everish:"Walk like you left nothing behind")
"Наша нацыя (Naša nacyja)"(Niol)
|File:Location Map Niolskiaj.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Niol • Everish|
|Recognised national languages||Flírsk • Levallese|
|Recognised regional languages||Jarean • Ukrayianese|
|Religion||53% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
|Currency||Niol dzyndry (ND)|
Niolskiaj is a unitary parliamentary republic. There is currently no president in power. The current head of government is Rabekki Jeanate. The Niol legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 16.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 16.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- In Niolskiaj, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal for medicinal use only and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Niolskiaj, abortion is legal. Abortion is accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 16 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Niolskiaj, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Niolskiaj's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.