Socialist Republic of Frootania
Idañte Hēnshegindīa hen Frootnīete (Frootish)
"Gō ziry mirre, īlon're sepār buzdari sȳz." (Frootish)
(Everish:"Underneath it all, we're just savages.")
|File:Location Map Frootania.png|
|Official languages||High Frooyrian (Frootish) |
|Recognised national languages||Southerian |
|Religion||70% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary multi-party socialist republic|
|Jen van de Warran|
• Republic of Kastor
• Split from Southern Kastorian Empire
• Fall of Northern Kastorian Empire
• Duchy of Froúttarîtae
|20 August 1298|
• Frootish Empire
|6 April 1787|
• Democratic Constitution
|14 February 1816|
• Union of Froomacia
|1,443,443 km2 (557,316 sq mi) (7th)|
• 2021 estimate
|67/km2 (173.5/sq mi) (45th)|
Frootania (/ˈfruːtənɪər/) (High Frooyrian: Frootnīete), officially the Socialist Republic of Frootania (High Frooyrian: Idañte Hēnshegindīa hen Frootnīete; Southerian: Soschiälisig Repüb Fröochtine; Demacian: Σοσιαλιστική Δημοκρατία της Φρουτανίας; Scandavian: Sozialistische Republik Fruchtanien) is a sovereign country located in East Wulfor. The state is made up of three individual countries with unique languages, cultures and ideologies and internationally respected as a multinational state, as many groups have claimed this region their home through time. Regarded as a regional power on the Berellion peninsula, Frootania is usually regarded as one of the most highly developed, liberal, social intelligent and eco-friendly countries on the globe.
The country enjoys a close economic and military alliance with neighbouring Demacia, resulting into the creation of Froomacia. Recent changes in government, with the country becoming constitutionally socialist, have put this alliance into question.
Frootania is a unitary parliamentary republic, with no president. Instead, the country has a Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor in power. The current Chancellor is Aniyá Delanes. The current Vice-Chancellor is Jen van de Warran. The Frootish legislature is the Senate.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 21.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 21.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is only used during wartime.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote. Permanent residence and eligibility to vote start with the 5th non-consecutive year in a country, as long as the absence from Frootania was not longer than three years.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Frootania, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 21 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Frootania, abortion is legal and accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 20 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private hospitals can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Frootania, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Frootania's GDP is spent on the military annually. Despite its big size, Frootania has a low standing military with about 150.000 active duty soldiers.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is some censorship online by the government.