Jump to navigation Jump to search
Republic of Levalle
Republikki av Lavallie (Åston)
"Unis a lotisk inti friblod smaldi."(Åston)
(Everish:"United and Loyal until the mountains crumble.")
"Sønnis av Lavallie"(Åston)
(Everish:"Sons of Levalle")
|File:Location Map Levalle.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Åston • Levallese|
|Recognised national languages||Levallese|
|Recognised regional languages||Fraffur • Monté|
4.1%Evangelical Church of Levalle
1.6% Other Christians
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
|Currency||Levallese Tipp (₮) (LTP)|
Levalle (Åston: Lavallie) officially Republic of Levalle (Åston: Republikki av Lavallie) is a sovereign state in the north of Sakoda. It covers an area of 274,028 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 10,687,092 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Frigg.
Levalle is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Skjell Piétaille. The current head of government is Vald Brændir. The Levallese legislature is the Nasjonens Sallkip divided into the Kammi and Kamari.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 15.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In Levalle, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Levalle, abortion is legal and accepted, though there is some social stigma towards women who choose to have one.
- Costs are generally covered by the state, except in the cases of fatal fetal defects and abortion on-request.
- Abortion is legal up to 18 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Levalle, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Levalle's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, but alternative service is available.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.