Protected Democratic Reserve of Achróa
Reçeréó d'Protaç e Demograç d'Agróa (Achróan)
|File:Location Map Achróa.png|
|Recognised national languages||Everish|
|Recognised regional languages||Voldar|
23% No Religion
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Speaker of the Gathering
• Establishment of the Achróan Gathering
|6 August 1908|
• Drafting of the first Achróan Will
|19 September 1909|
• Transition to democracy
|1 January 2016|
|Currency||Saritè (Ṩ) (ASR)|
|Time zone||-11 to -10|
Achróa (Achróan: Agróa) officially Protected Democratic Reserve of Achróa (Achróan: Reçeréó d'Protaç e Demograç d'Agróa) is a sovereign state in Tritonia. It covers an area of 21,456 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 1,566,322 inhabitants. Its capital is Verançel and the largest city is Trangueli.
Achróa is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office and head of the government is Ainia d'Loralat. The Achróan legislature is the Gathering, first established in 1908.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 24.
- Capital punishment is not used and was only used during wartime.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with heavy regulation.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 24 years old to run for public office.
- In Achróa, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is illegal.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is illegal.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Achróa, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 28 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Abortion is legal in the vast majority of circumstances but is not legal purely by choice.
- Same sex activity is legal in Achróa, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- There are laws against the discrimination of LGBT people depending on the jurisdiction.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Three genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Achróa.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.