Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The world is ours, we choose our own paths."(Everish)
"I Forgive (But I Won't Forget Your Name)"(Everish)
|File:Location Map Sirenforest.png|
|Capital||Istacle • Suncoast|
|Official languages||Everish • Sirenforestian|
|Recognised national languages||Lakadamian • Latinican • Nineliese|
|Religion||85% Non religious|
|Government||Federal full-presidential republic|
• Vice President
|Currency||Sirenforestian Euro (SFE)|
|Time zone||-7 to -8|
Sirenforest is a sovereign state in the south of Sakoda. It covers an area of xx square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately xx inhabitants. Its capitals are Istacle and Suncoast and the largest city is Tellerville.
Sirenforest is a federal full-presidential republic. The current President in office is Ron DeSantis. The Sirenforestian legislature is the Congress.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 17.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 17 years old to run for public office.
- In Sirenforest, any eligible citizen is eligible to obtain weapons and the age depends on the jurisdiction.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and there is no legal limit.
- In Sirenforest, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal and the cutoff point depends on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened, and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and provide women with extra counseling and therapy in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Sirenforest, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- Members of the LGBT community are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Sirenforest's GDP is spent on military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered completely free.
- There is censorship online by the government.