Jump to navigation Jump to search
Republic of Drevona
Drevonos Respublika (Drevonan)
"Atvyk ir grožekis" (Drevonan)
(Everish:"Arrive and revive")
"O, Jūrų valdove!"(Drevonan)
(Everish:"Oh, Lord of the Sea!")
|File:Location Map Drevona.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Drevonan • Everish|
|Recognised national languages||Fordian • Oranginan • Vikyn|
|Recognised regional languages||Levallese • Trivanian|
36% Non religious
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential republic|
• Prime Minister
• Independence from Fordia
|Currency||Nordo (Nordai) (₦) (NOR)|
Drevona (Drevonan: Drevona) officially Republic of Drevona is a sovereign state in the north of Wulfor. It covers an area of 91,209 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 1,550,554 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Waygo.
Drevona is a unitary semi-presidential republic. The current President in office is Yanina Motno. The current head of government is Kasparas Majauskas. The Drevonan legislature is the Braskas.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia is legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 17 for everyone who had ever done voluntary service. Others can vote starting with the age of 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Drevona, no weapons licences are given out as weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Drevona, abortion is legal but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have one.
- A woman is required to pay for the abortion from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened and costs are covered by the state in these circumstances.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public and private hospitals are allowed to perform it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Drevona, and there is some stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- There is no legislation regarding LGBT people in the military.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is not protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Acceptance of LGBT people rose from 38% in 1985 to 91% in 2019.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Drevona's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces, but not in combat.
- Conscription is not enforced.
- Fordian Military would defend Drevona's territory in case of a war.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.