Republic of Decoria
Republik Dekoria (Decorian)
"Styrke gennem frihed"(Decorian)
(Everish:"Strength Through Freedom")
"Der er et yndigt land"(Decorian)
(Everish:"There is a lovely country")
|File:Location Map Decoria.png|
and largest city
|Demonym(s)||Decorian • Dace|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
|402.461 km2 (155.391 sq mi) (30th)|
• 2021 estimate
|33/km2 (85.5/sq mi) (93rd)|
Decoria (Decorian: Dekoria) officially Republic of Decoria (Decorian: Republik Dekoria) is a sovereign state in the north of Wulfor. It covers an area of 402,461 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 13,281,224 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Norfort.
Decoria is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Lasse Carlssen. The current head of government is Hulda Rasmussen. The Decorian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Only Euthanasia is legal.
- Pornography is illegal.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Decoria, any eligible citizen can obtain a weapons licence as long as they are 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Decoria, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private hospitals can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Decoria, and LGBT people are widely accepted, but may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Decoria's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced, but alternative service is available. Only men are conscripted, and women can serve voluntarily.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.