Republic of Lanovina
Republik av Lanovina (Lanovian)
"Alt für Lanovina."(Lanovian)
(Everish:"All for Lanovina")
|File:Location Map Lanovina.png|
|Official languages||Lanovian • Choli|
|Recognised regional languages||Lakadamian • Scandavian|
|Religion||46% No affiliation|
|Government||Federal parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
• Foundation of Lanovina
|13th February 1224|
• Union with Fordia to form Lanordia
|1st January 1801|
• Independence from Lanordia
|24th June 1920|
|Currency||Nordo (₦) (NOR)|
Lanovina (Lanovian: Lanovina) officially Republic of Lanovina (Lanovian: Republik av Lanovina) is a sovereign state in the north of Wulfor. It covers an area of 405,707 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 12,171,196 inhabitants. Its capital is Cöhln and the largest city is Sarindon.
Lanovina is a federal parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Björn Tolmsken, elected in 2020. The president of Lanovina is the president of the Bundesrat and therefore one of the 13 state presidents. As the president of the Bundesrat changes every year, the president of Lanovina does too. The current prime minister of Lanovina is Helga Stoll-Escherpes. The Lanovian legislature is known as the Parlament and is divided into two chambers: Bundesrat and Bundestag.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 16.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18, and 16 for NU and some regional elections.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Lanovina, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 16 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Lanovina, nicotine and tobacco are legal, however it is illegal to smoke in public spaces such as streets, parks or other places, as it damages the health of bystanders as well. Therefore, they're only permitted to be used in one's own home (assuming the owner of the apartment, if it is rented, allows indoor smoking).
- In Lanovina, abortion is legal and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 20 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Lanovina, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- There are no armed forces in Lanovina.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is no censorship online by the government.