Kingdom of Zylofonija
Umbuso weZylofonija (Zylo)
"Amandla Nokwehluka" (Zylo)
(Everish: "Power and Diversity")
"Ilanga neNyanga" (Zylo)
(Everish: "The Sun and the Moon")
|File:Location Map Zylofonija.png|
|Official languages||Everish • Zylo|
|Recognised national languages||Aquian • Latinican|
|Recognised regional languages||Lakadamian|
32% No affiliation
|Demonym(s)||Zylo • Zylofoni|
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
|The Isibhakabhaka (Everish: "The Sky")|
• Lower house
|The Phansi (Everish: "The Floor")|
• Independence from Aquia
• Takeover by Zamuel I
|436,383 km2 (168,488 sq mi)|
|Currency||Zyro (Ż) (ZYR)|
Zylofonija (Zylo: Zylofonija) officially Kingdom of Zylofonija (Zylo: Umbuso weZylofonija) is a sovereign state in the north of Latinica. It covers an area of 436,383 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 25,310,223 inhabitants. Its capital is Sakaza and the largest city is Saint Zamuel.
Zylofonija is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Zamuel IV. The current head of government is Jasmin Uthando. The Zylofoni legislature is the Parliament, divided into The Isibhakabhaka and The Phansi.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used, but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal without restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Zylofonija, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal but unregulated by the government for those 18 years and older.
- In Zylofonija, abortion is legal however there is mixed public opinion surrounding the issue.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Zylofonija, but the community may face some stigma.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community is permitted to serve in the armed forces, however a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is in place.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 0.1-0.9% of Zylofonija's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is some censorship online by the government.