New Union of Sjo And Metsä
Usi Lito Of Sjo Ja Metsä (Metsakielen)
Ny Union Av Sjo Og Metsä (Sjoprak)
"Sitä nitä mitä kylvä"(Metsakielen)
"Du hoster de du sar" (Sjoprak)
(Everish:"You reap what you sow")
"Tipa vetä, lehti ja lumihiutale" (Metsakielen)
"Vandrapen, bladet og snofnug" (Sjoprak)
(Everish:"The drop, the leaf and the snowflake")
|File:Location Map New Union.png|
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Metsakielen • Sjoprak|
|Recognised regional languages||Aquian|
• Prime Minister
• Battle of Snowflake Day
• Constitution Day
New Union (Metsakielen: Usi Lito, Sjoprak: Ny Union) officially New Union Of Sjo And Metsä (Metsakielen: Usi Lito Of Sjo Ja Metsä, Sjoprak: Ny Union Av Sjo Og Metsä) is a sovereign state in the north of Latinica. It covers an area of TBA square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately TBA inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Snowflake.
New Union is a union consisting of 3 regions: Metsä, Sjo and Snowflake. The current President in office is Aatovi Storstrand. The current head of government is Kristina Nielsen. The New Unioner legislature is the Union in which there are 3 parties which represents the three regions.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are both illegal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- In New Union, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal for medicinal use only.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In New Union, abortion is legal and is accepted, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Same sex activity is legal in New Union, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 0-0.9% of New Union's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do not exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.