Republic of Mokuwaena
Repubhinko 'o Mokuwaena (Mokuwaenan)
"Kahi ʻāina, toatele tagata"(Mokuwaenan)
(Everish:"One nation, many people")
"O tagata o Mokuwaena"(Mokuwaenan)
(Everish:"The People of Mokuwaena")
|File:Location Map Mokuwaena.png|
|Recognised national languages||Malonesian • Migronesian • Polyanesian|
43% Non religious
|Government||Federal full-presidential republic|
• Head of Government
• Upper house
• Lower house
|House of Representatives|
• Independence from Ponokino
|Currency||Mokuwaena Dollar ($) (MKD)|
Mokuwaena officially Republic of Mokuwaena (Mokuwaenan: Repubhinko 'o Mokuewaena) is a sovereign state in the south of Tritonia. It covers an area of 725 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 50,052 inhabitants. Its capital is Malama and its largest city is Welina.
Mokuwaena is a federal full-presidential republic. The current President in office is David Ige. The Mokuwaenan legislature is Congress, divided into the Senate (Upper House) and House of Representatives (Lower House)
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 20.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17.
- The age of consent is 17.
- The legal age of marriage is 17.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are illegal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with heavy regulation.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are not required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Mokuwaena, any eligible citizen can obtain a weapons licence and the age depends on the weapon.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal in some parts of the country and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Mokuwaena, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance and there is no social stigma towards it.
- Costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal up to 12 weeks from conception.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened depending on the jurisdiction.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it and are obliged by law to give extra counselling/therapy to women in order to deal with the abortion.
- Same sex activity is legal in Mokuwaena, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- Changing one's gender is legal. Three genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 1-1.9% of Mokuwaena's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is enforced and there is no alternative service available. Both men and women are conscripted.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.