Jump to navigation Jump to search
Popular Republic of Manhario
Junghwa Inmin Gonghwagug Manhario (Koran)
"Dangsin-eun Manharioleul wihae sanda, dangsin-eun Manharioleul wihae jugneunda" (Koran)
(Everish:"You Live by Manhario, You Die by Manhario")
|File:Location Map Manhario.png|
|Recognised national languages||Koran|
Manhario is a dictatorship. The current dictator is Hannes Manhario. The Manharian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 20.
- The legal age of marriage is 20.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal without restriction.
- Gambling is illegal.
- There is no voting in Manhario.
- In Manhario, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is illegal.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is illegal.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is illegal.
- In Manhario, abortion is legal depending on the circumstance, and is not widely accepted with heavy stigma towards women who choose to get it.
- Costs are not generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal anytime from conception and a woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects and a woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and costs are covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal where the mother's life may be threatened and a woman is expected to pay for it from her own funds.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Public hospitals will perform it, but private clinics can perform it too.
- Same sex activity is legal in Manhario, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- Freedom of expression is mostly limited. Some activities are marked as "propaganda" and banned.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children with the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- HRT and sex reassignment surgery are legal, but there is no way to change your legal gender. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 4%+ of Manhario's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is not granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is illegal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is heavily controlled.
- There is heavy censorship online by the government.