Territory of Kiraso
Teritorio de Karass (Kiras)
Teritorio de Kirasa (Fyoric)
"A Nosa Insulo Habitada"(Kiras)
(Everish:"Our Inhabited Island")
|File:Location Map Kiraso.png
|Recognised regional languages
0.2% Fyoric Explorer
• Prime Minister
• Upper house
• Lower house
• 2020 estimate
Kiraso (Kiras: Karass) officially Territory of Kiraso (Kiras: Teritorio de Karass) is a Fyoric special territory in the north of Sakoda. It covers an area of TBA square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 82,862 inhabitants. Its capital is Porturbeto Kiraso but its largest settlement is the city of Gera.
Kirasans are people of mixed Fyoric and Fyoric Explorer descent. During the conflict between the native Fyoric and Fyoric Explorers in mainland Fyor, many of them who had become 'friends' or married fled to Kiraso for safety as integration between the two groups had become disapproved of (by both sides), these first settlers numbered around 5,000 in total. Kiraso literally means 'armour' in Everish, this name came from when the settlers declared that Kiraso was a land of protection for the two groups of Fyoric and Fyoric Explorer, thus naming the country armour. In Fyoric, Kireso is the word for armour, the settlers deliberately changed the spelling as to differentiate from Fyor. As Kiraso grew the inhabitants separated themselves from their original cultures in order to create a new Kirasan identity with a new language and culture. Kirasan culture has more influence from Fyoric rather than Fyoric Explorer culture. The Kiras language is mutually intelligible with Fyoric which is one way that demonstrates this influence, although the language contains some Jigoton (the language of Fyoric Explorers) words.
While Kiraso was left alone for all of the conflict, at the start of Elijah Makan's regime in 1901 Fyor began to take much more of an interest in what now was a country. The Fyoric government requested that Kiraso become a part of Fyor and that all Fyoric Explorers leave the island. However there had been so much integration and mixing that only a small amount of the population remained fully Fyoric Explorer. Makan soon realised that it would best to leave Kiraso alone for now, and instead he focused attention on Explorers Island which led to an invasion, and eventual control by Fyor.
In 1982 Kiraso became a special territory of Fyor. Fyor is only responsible for Kiraso's defence and Kiraso has functioned like this since.
While the areas around the southern coast are flat, much of Kiraso is mountainous. The north coast is known for its scenic drive along the edge of the cliffs.
Fyor is a parliamentary republic. The head of government is nominated by the legislature which in Kiraso is the parliament. There is no president, the head of state is technically the councillor which is appointed by Fyor. However they serve as an apolitical figure and do not get involved in Kirasan nor Fyoric politics.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 17
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is illegal
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 16.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are permitted to vote.
- One must be 17 years old to run for public office.
- In Kiraso, weapons are completely banned and only the police are allowed to use them.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal for medicinal use only.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Kiraso, abortion is legal.
- Same sex activity is legal in Kiraso, the LGBT community can face a little prejudice.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people will be permitted to serve in the armed forces as well as Trans people should a military service ever be formed.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination in all areas
- The LGBT community are allowed to marry or enter into partnerships.
- Adoption is legal.
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery are legal as well as changing your legal gender.
- Kiraso has no military service
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist, but they are very vague and as a result not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as completely free.
- There is little censorship online by the government.
Kiraso is more diverse compared to Fyor, 86.7% of the population are Kirasan while 10.1% is Fyoric, most are migrants from Fyor, but some are descended from minority families in Kiraso that refused to integrate with the Fyoric Explorers. 3% of the population is made of of other groups, mostly immigrants from nearby nations. 0.2% of the population is Fyoric Explorer, again most being descended from families that refused to integrate with the native Fyoric people.