Republic of Glaray
Republika e Glarai (Glaraian)
La Repubblica di Glarai (Nineliese)
"Nderi, Virtyti, Liria/Onore, Virtù, Libertà"(Glarian/Nineliese)
(Everish:"Honour, Virtue and Liberty")
"Vëllezërit e mi të tjerë/Miei compagni fratelli"(Glarian/Nineliese)
(Everish:"My fellow brethren")
|File:Location Map Glaray.png|
and largest city
|Official languages||Glaraian • Nineliese|
|Government||Unitary constitutional monarchy|
|Queen Francesca Pierre|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Glaraian Dollar ($) (GLD)|
Glaray (Glaraian and Nineliese: Glarai) officially Republic of Glaray (Glaraian: Republika e Glarai, Nineliese: La Repubblica di Glarai) is a sovereign state in central Wulfor. It covers an area of 379,363 square kilometres and is inhabited by approximately 18,209,433 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Tusaun.
Glaray is a unitary constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Queen Francesca Pierre. The current head of government is Alvin Armenta. The Glaraian legislature is the Parliament.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 16.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is used but rarely carried out.
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide are legal.
- Pornography is legal with age restriction.
- Gambling is legal with age restriction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 21 years old to run for public office.
- Prisoner voting rights have been revoked.
- In Glaray, weapons are illegal.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are illegal.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only.
- In Glaray, abortion is legal, but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Costs are generally covered by the state.
- Abortion is legal at anytime, but a woman is required to pay for it with her own funds.
- Abortion is legal in the case of fetal defects.
- Abortion is legal in the case of rape and where the mother's life may be threatened.
- Abortion is regulated by the state. Only public hospitals are allowed to perform it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Glaray, and there is some social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- The age of consent for same sex intercourse is the same as heterosexual intercourse.
- The LGBT community has the freedom of expression.
- LGBT people are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- The LGBT community is protected by law from discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation only.
- The LGBT community has the right to marry and can adopt children, but heterosexual couples have an advantage.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if the person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and sex reassignment surgery. Two genders are recognized by law.
- Approximately 0-0.9% of Glaray's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist but are not well enforced.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is minimal censorship online by the government.