"Rennsli árinnar mun veita okkur styrk."(Asgreebian)
(Everish:"The flow of the river will give us strength")
"Ís og flæði"(Asgreebian)
(Everish:"Ice and flow")
|File:Location Map Asgreeb.png|
and largest city
|Recognised regional languages||Gahälian • Sæbian|
|Religion||66% No affiliation|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary republic|
• Prime Minister
|Currency||Asgreebian króna (ISK) (ASK)|
Asgreeb (Asgreebian: Ásgreb) is a sovereign state in the north of Wulfor. It covers an area of 241,290 square kilometres and is inhabitated by approximately 13,753,514 inhabitants. Its capital and largest city is Bagred.
Asgreeb is a unitary parliamentary republic. The current President in office is Aron Sigurðsson. The current head of government is Ásdís Hannedóttir. The Asgreebian legislature is the Alþingi.
Social Policies and Laws
- You become a legal adult at age 18.
- You can obtain a driver's license at age 18.
- The age of consent is 18.
- The legal age of marriage is 18.
- Capital punishment is not used.
- Euthanasia is legal.
- Pornography is illegal.
- Gambling is legal depending on jurisdiction.
- The legal voting age is 18.
- People of all Genders, Religions, Social Classes, and Education level have the right to vote.
- Individuals are required to be citizens to vote.
- Those with criminal records are not permitted to vote.
- One must be 18 years old to run for public office.
- In Asgreeb, only members of the police force can obtain a weapons license and must be 21 years and older.
- Alcohol (<15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Alcohol (>15% by volume) is legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Nicotine and Tobacco products are legal and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- Cannabis is legal for medicinal use only and restricted for those 18 years and older.
- In Asgreeb, abortion is legal but there is some stigma towards women who choose to have it.
- Same sex activity is legal in Asgreeb, and there is no social stigma towards the LGBT community.
- Changing one's gender is legal, but only if a person goes through HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
- Approximately 2-2.9% of Asgreeb's GDP is spent on the military annually.
- Women are permitted to serve in the armed forces.
- Conscription is not enforced.
Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of speech is granted to all citizens constitutionally.
- It is legal to criticize the government.
- Online speech falls under Freedom of Speech.
- Laws concerning hate speech do exist but are not well enforced.
- Laws concerning the incitement of violence do exist.
- The press is considered as almost completely free.
- There is some censorship online by the government.